To elevate the health status of the American Indian people in our service area and all people in our communities to the highest level possible through a comprehensive system of preventive and therapeutic services.
Learn More About
News and Updates
Due to the increased prevalence of COVID-19, we are rescheduling non-essential medial appointments. We will try to reschedule your appointment to telehealth or phone call if possible. We will be limiting patients inside our buildings.
Please report to the designated area as follows:
Medical Patients will be screened at the emergency entrance on the south side of the building.
Dental Patients will be screened at the rear entrance of the Dental department on the north side of the building.
BHS Patients will be screened at the main entrance.
The Feather River Tribal Health (FRTH) Board of Directors and staff want to keep you safe, healthy & informed during this pandemic event. We have adopted some new guidelines to help protect the health of families, patients, staff, and the community and wanted to make sure you have access to the most up-to-date information. To the best of our ability, we will try to maintain operations and services as stable and uniform as possible.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, please call ahead for an appointment and further instructions. As always, if it an emergency, call 9-1-1. Below is a partial list of practices that we have implemented in response to this health emergency. We appreciate your patience and understanding and know that, working together, we will get through this.
- We are open for services – Monday – Friday – normal hours. We do ask that you call ahead for an appointment.
- Our front desk staff will be screening patients for symptoms of COVID-19 exposure at the time you call.
- Our Pharmacy is open. If picking up prescriptions, please notify the front lobby staff that you are here to pick up medications. They will be delivered out to you.
- Staff will determine whether it is safe for you to come into the facility. If the patient would prefer, we can provide medical and behavioral health visits via phone or telehealth visits whenever possible.
- We have had to put limitations on transportation to our facility. When you schedule an appointment and request transport, staff will screen you to ensure that we are able to safely provide transport to our facility.
- Patients will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 exposure when they enter an FRTH facility – your temperature will be taken. If you are running a fever greater than 100.5 degrees, you will be asked to return to your car and drive to the back door Medical entrance for evaluation. If the individual is not a registered patient at FRTH, they will be asked to contact their provider directly.
- Patients with an insurance resource may have a Nurse Call Line that is offered 24 hours per day/7 days per week. If you are not able to reach FRTH, you may want to utilize this service. Call information should be on the back of your insurance card.
- FRTH also has a Nurse Call Line service. If you do not have an insurance resource, you can call this number 24 hours per day/7 days per week for guidance on how to manage a health care emergency – please call 530-532-6811, Ext. 778. We will be provided a report outlining the purpose of your call so it can be documented in your patient record. Please be aware that this report would not replace a PRC patient’s responsibility to provide a 72-hour notice.
Links and Information
Information about COVID-19 changes quickly. Below is a list of resources and links that you and your family can use to stay informed.
StrongHearts Native Helpline
The StrongHearts Native Helpline (1-844-762-8483) is a culturally-appropriate domestic violence and dating violence helpline for Native Americans, available every day from 7am to 10pm Central Time. StrongHearts advocates offer the following services at no cost:
- Peer Support and Advocacy
- Information and Education about Domestic and Dating Violence
- Personalized Safety Planning
- Crisis Intervention
- Referrals to Native or Tribal-Based DV service providers.
Oroville Health Clinic
The Oroville Clinic is a 41,000 sq. ft. facility serving the greater Oroville area. Built in 2000 and expanded in 2008, the clinic provides Medical, Dental, Behavior Health services as well as a Pharmacy and Senior Nutrition. The clinic also hosts Lab Services through Quest Diagnostic.
Yuba City Health Clinic
The new Yuba City location was built in 2012 to accomodate expanding services in the Yuba/Sutter Area. Originally established in 1995, the Yuba City Clinic now includes services such as Medical and Behavioral Health Treatmeant, Diabetes and Health Education. Outreach, Nutrition, and Tele-Medicine Services are also available.
Oroville Wellness Center
Completed in 2019, the FRTH Wellness Center hosts our specialty services like Acupuncture, Massage, Physical Thereapy, and the Senior Nutrition Program. The Wellness Center's 15,000sq. feet contains a new gym, therapy pool, BHS Aftercare program, and well as a larger auditorium that seats 207.
Our vision is to provide innovative, high quality health care to all American Indians in our service area, as defined by the Board of Directors. Our Service will be provided in such a manner as to be fully seamless: available, accessible, acceptable, and coordinated to promote wellness and prevention of disease and injury.
Relationships Matter = Respect
Relationships Matter = Excellence
Relationships Matter = Lifestyles
Relationships Matter = Accountability
Relationships Matter = Traditional
Relationships Matter = Innovative
Relationships Matter = Opportunities
Relationships Matter = Nurturing
Relationships Matter = Service
Relationships Matter = Holistic
Relationships Matter = Integrated
Relationships Matter = Professional
Relationships Matter = Seamless
Relationships Matter = Meaningful
Relationships Matter = Accessible
Relationships Matter = Tribal
Relationships Matter = Timely
Relationships Matter = Efficient
Relationships Matter = Responsibility